be sure to check out Joan's latest on her website:

be sure to check out Joan's latest on her website: http://www.joanhilty.net/ (usually she updates her blog every Sunday evening but she can and will surprise you) **Special Note: all of Joan's archives are now up--almost ten years of 'bitter girl.' As Joan says, go wild!**

Saturday, May 8, 2010

B, Careful of the HEAT! Part Deux

or Keep the scene CLEAN! Tx. Lifeguards can become strict if children and other beachgoers are not respectful to the environment and/or nature. This is the take-away from this admonishment.
Right now I'm sitting in my apartment on a beautiful Saturday morning. Why in heaven's name is that? Well, I'm waiting for my supervisor to either call me or stop by my place or both, to either reprimand or fire me or both for the heinous crime of working too many hours in my first week of Crew Leader Assistant duties. I am also an Enumerator with practically my entire binder done. I was supposed to have a meeting with my supervisor which he pushed back from 11 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. that he waited until almost 3 p.m. yesterday to advise me. Then he calls me this morning before 8 to tell me that I can't go to the meeting because I cannot donate or volunteer my time to the U.S. Census. Presently my 2 questions are: Why aren't I having fun and why aren't I at the beach?
Speaking of the beach--it was gorgeous yesterday. But sand fleas were elusive; I could not catch a single one for the poor struggling (Haitian) fishermen who hadn't caught any fish all day long because they were using shrimp as bait. And I used to be able to catch the burrowing crabs when I was a little kid with ease and aplomb. So either they've gotten a lot faster--as in Darwinian selection (Only the strongest and smartest survive)--or I've gotten a lot slower. They two-inch-long crustaceans outwitted me and everyone else that was digging for them. Just shows to go you.

No comments:

Post a Comment