be sure to check out Joan's latest on her website:

be sure to check out Joan's latest on her website: http://www.joanhilty.net/ (usually she updates her blog every Sunday evening but she can and will surprise you) **Special Note: all of Joan's archives are now up--almost ten years of 'bitter girl.' As Joan says, go wild!**

Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Food

I must admit--the food here is excellent. If there is any justice in the universe and my foul crimes are found out and I am carted off to jail and then prison as bloody vengeance must demand, I will miss being able to cook for myself. Recently I made some tomato sauce along with some chili and both turned out well, in my estimation.
But potatoes remain my fundamental vehicle for nourishment these days, along with popcorn, of course. I remember Anne Frank's comment from her diary, which I've never read, by the way, that she hated potatoes because that's all she had to eat. Well, she must not have been making them the way that I do, although to be fair, the main ingredients for Parmesan steak fries probably would have been scarce when and where she was living while she was hiding from the Nazis. But happily for me, they are not scarce here.
No beach this week, because of the rain and clouds. And I've been doing more work on the sequel. The mall is set for later, although my foot is still bothering me a little. TTYL.

No comments:

Post a Comment